- 2 tablespoons (30ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed and to serve
- 1 large leek, finely diced (about 8 ounces; 225g)
- 3 medium ribs celery, finely diced (about 6 ounces; 170g)
- Kosher salt
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 3/4 ounce; 25g)
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) zucchini, split lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch disks (see note)
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped (about 2 ounces; 55g), divided
- 5 cups (1.2L) water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh juice from 1 lemon, to taste
2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 3 fresh strawberries, cored and sliced
- 3 basil leaves
- Splash of simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled until dissolved)
- 2 ounces premium vodka
muddle 5 blueberries and 3 basil leaves
add 2-3 oz lemon juice
add 1-2 oz simple syrup
optional: filter off solids at this point
add as much ice as you like
option A) top up with water
option B) top up with sparking water
option C) add 2 oz gin/vodka, and a splash of sparkling water
Always forgetting the proportions on this:
1 lb pasta
1/2c olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp minced garlic
lemon juice to taste
1 tbsp parsley
1/2 tbsp basil
1/2 tbsp oregano
4 cups of spaghetti sauce
1 pound of ziti or penne
1 pound whole milk cottage cheese
2 large eggs lightly beaten
~2 cups shredded Parmesan
1/2 cup chopped basil
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz low-moisture mozzarella cheese cut into small pieces.
2 cups frozen spinach
8 – 10 meatballs
- Place the oven rack in the middle & pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Whisk cottage cheese, eggs 1 cup parmesan together in a medium bowl & set aside.
- Cook your pasta 1/2 way. About 5 minutes. it should be slightly softened but not fully cooked. Drain pasta & set it aside.
- Heat 2 cups of spinach over medium heat until the water is gone.
- Chop up meatballs and set aside.
- Stir cornstarch into heavy cream in your pasta pot. Heat over medium heat to a simmer and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat & add cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of tomato sauce, 3/4 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan spinach and meatballs.
Add your pasta & stir until all your pasta is evenly coated.
- Transfer your mixture to a baking dish
- Spread remaining tomato sauce evenly over the pasta and sprinkle with your remaining mozzarella and parmesan over the top.
- Cover your baking dishes with tin foil & bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil & continue to bake until cheese is golden brown and bubbly – about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven & cool for 15 – 20 minutes and sprinkle with chopped up basil.
Loosely based on this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/margherita-pizza-recipe/index.html
I used about 8 oz fresh mozzarella (torn), 4 oz Fontina (shredded), only about half of a 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes, half a package of basil and about one large roma tomato. I used this dough.