This was great after being in the slow cooker for ~8-9 hours. Makes 8 servings.
- 2.5 lbs. beef eye of round or bottom round roast, all fat trimmed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz. whole baby bellas or mushrooms of your choice
- 1.5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1.5 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp. fresh thyme
- Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef, onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, broth, and flour. Add to the slow cooker along with the bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, and thyme.