This was great after being in the slow cooker for ~8-9 hours. Makes 8 servings.
- 2.5 lbs. beef eye of round or bottom round roast, all fat trimmed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz. whole baby bellas or mushrooms of your choice
- 1.5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1.5 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp. fresh thyme
- Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef, onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, broth, and flour. Add to the slow cooker along with the bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, and thyme.
1 lb ground beef
1 lb spicy breakfast sausage
1 large package Velveeta
1 lb Monterrey Jack or Colby
8 oz Cream Cheese
1 med onion diced
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
Brown ground beef and sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain. Transfer to 4 – quart slow cooker
Add all ingredients to slow cooker. Cover; cook on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until cheeses are melted. Serve with breadsticks and tortilla chips.
I used A&W root beer and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce and this turned out delicious. Left it in the crockpot for ~8 hours without sauce, 2 additional hours after removing the liquid and adding the sauce.
This was good, I added green pepper bacon and a PBR (it was a little too thick), maybe add more tomato sauce next time and slow cook for longer (I did it for ~3 hours)
Left out a lot of the spices. Could have used a bit of salt. Tomato sauce makes it taste a bit odd, maybe leave that off next time. Used ~12 cloves of garlic and it was fine. Make at least 6 cups of rice next time.