- 1 package (13 Oz) Whole Grain Linguine
- Broccoli Florets
- Red Onion
- Sliced Mushrooms
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 cups (or More) Chicken Stock
- Seasoning to taste
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 to 4 bunches (2 1/2 pounds total) flat-leaf spinach, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch ground nutmeg
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spinach, and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; coarsely chop, and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add cream cheese and milk; cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Add nutmeg; season with salt and pepper.