- 2 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochujang sauce (such as Annie Chun’s)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 24 English cucumber slices
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Place 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture in a small bowl; set aside. Add chicken slices to remaining soy sauce mixture in bag; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours.
Cook rice according to package directions.
Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken. Place 3 tablespoons rice in each lettuce leaf; top each lettuce leaf with 1/3 cup chicken mixture, 2 cucumber slices, and about 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions. Serve with reserved 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture.
2 cup red lentils
greens from 1 bunch of beets – chopped
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp finely shredded ginger
2 cloves of garlic – chopped
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp ghee
juice of 2 lemons
Sort, wash and drain the red lentils. Put the lentils in a big pot with 8 cups of water, add fenugreek seeds, turmeric, 1 tbsp of ghee and salt. Bring to a full boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover with tight-fitting lid. Simmer until the lentils are soft and fully cooked, about 30 minutes. Purée the lentils in blender or with a hand blender until the consistency is smooth. If the purée is too thick add more water and check for seasoning. Keep it warm.
Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. When ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and fry for 15 seconds until fragrant. Add ginger and garlic, cook it for another minute. Add chopped beet greens, cover and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
Add the beet green mixture to the soup, mix well. Add the juice of lemons and check for salt. Serve warm!
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs, excess fat removed
- 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- lemon juice, optional
- Combine artichoke hearts along with liquid and chicken and let it marinade about 20 minutes.
- After it’s marinated, drain all liquid.
- Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Broil on low about 6 inches from the flame for about 10 minutes or until golden brown, turn chicken and cook an additional 8-10 minutes and chicken is fully cooked.
- Top chicken with feta and broil an additional minute.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh parsley. Squeeze with lemon juice, if desired!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar + more for rolling
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 14 TBSPS unsalted butter 1 3/4 stick at room temperature
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
With your mixer on medium, mix together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in the egg yolk, then vanilla, then pumpkin until well combined.
Slowly mix in the flour mixture until well combined, with your mixer set to low. Scrape down the paddle and the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and refrigerate the cookie dough for 20 minutes.
Roll the dough into one inch sized balls. Roll in sugar. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet or silicon mat
and press down slightly. Space the cookies about two inches apart.
Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking. (I baked mine in three batches)
Let cool on the pan for about two minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.