- 1 package (13 Oz) Whole Grain Linguine
- Broccoli Florets
- Red Onion
- Sliced Mushrooms
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 cups (or More) Chicken Stock
- Seasoning to taste
Absolutely need toothpicks to do this. Easier to make a full batch (per the website recipe) of herb butter and freeze half – blend the herbs and butter instead of placing them separately. Make sure to sear as much as possible, these don’t need too much time in the oven.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- .5 handful Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chiffonaded
- 4 tablespoons butter, slightly softened
- Olive oil
- .5 white wine
- Extra lemon juice for sauce
- Lemon wedges
- Pound and flatten the chicken breasts. Make the breasts as thin as possible, but try not to tear the breasts – 1/4-inch is a good thickness to aim for. You are going to slice each flattened breast in half.
- With the “smooth” side of the breasts down, lightly season the breasts with salt and pepper. Then, put 1/4 of the herb butter on each half chicken breast.
- Fold over the breasts on the sides first, and then top and bottom. Skewer with 2-3 toothpicks to secure. The goal is to not let the butter out.
- Dust the Kievs in flour, very lightly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Using tongs, place the Kievs in the skillet and brown nicely on all sides, including the tops and bottoms of the Kievs. The browning may take about 15 minutes.
- Place the Kievs in a 300°F oven while you make the sauce.
- If you find that some of the Kievs have released their butter, that is fine – it happens all the time. To the skillet, add the wine and scrape all the good bits into the wine. If you need to add butter to the sauce, just a small pat will do. Reduce the sauce until it is nicely brown and shimmering. Taste — and for a little brightness, you may want to add a tiny bit of lemon juice. If the kievs release juice in the oven, pour into the sauce.
- Plate the Kievs and pour the sauce over them. Serve with lemon wedges. Make sure to reduce the sauce adequately.