4 cups of spaghetti sauce
1 pound of ziti or penne
1 pound whole milk cottage cheese
2 large eggs lightly beaten
~2 cups shredded Parmesan
1/2 cup chopped basil
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz low-moisture mozzarella cheese cut into small pieces.
2 cups frozen spinach
8 – 10 meatballs
- Place the oven rack in the middle & pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Whisk cottage cheese, eggs 1 cup parmesan together in a medium bowl & set aside.
- Cook your pasta 1/2 way. About 5 minutes. it should be slightly softened but not fully cooked. Drain pasta & set it aside.
- Heat 2 cups of spinach over medium heat until the water is gone.
- Chop up meatballs and set aside.
- Stir cornstarch into heavy cream in your pasta pot. Heat over medium heat to a simmer and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat & add cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of tomato sauce, 3/4 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan spinach and meatballs.
Add your pasta & stir until all your pasta is evenly coated.
- Transfer your mixture to a baking dish
- Spread remaining tomato sauce evenly over the pasta and sprinkle with your remaining mozzarella and parmesan over the top.
- Cover your baking dishes with tin foil & bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil & continue to bake until cheese is golden brown and bubbly – about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven & cool for 15 – 20 minutes and sprinkle with chopped up basil.
Fresh garlic is better.