Got this recipe from Melinda.
Caramel Sandwich Cookies
1/2 cup sugar 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
2/3 cup pecan pieces 1 cup unsalted butter
2 tsp. vanilla 2 cups all-purpose flour
Shortcut Caramel Filling 6 ounces white baking chocolate
1. In a food processor combine sugar and salt. Cover and process until fine and powdery. Add pecans; cover and process until finely ground. Add butter and vanilla; cover and process with on/off pulses until the butter is smooth. Add flour; cover and process just until a soft dough begins to form around the blade. Remove dough from processor and knead briefly to evenly mix.
2. Shape dough into a 12 x 2.5 inch rectangle. Wrap and chill for about 2 hours, or until dough is firm enough to slice.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Cut rectangle into about 1/4 inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden, rotating pans from front to back about halfway through baking time. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, Transfer to wire racks; cool.
4. Spread shortcut caramel filling onto the bottom sides of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches.
5. In a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave white baking chocolate, uncovered, on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate. Place cookies on waxed paper. Let stand until chocolate is set. Makes about 25 sandwich cookies.
Shortcut Caramel Filling: In a small heavy saucepan combine 24 unwrapped vanilla caramels and 1/4 cup whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted and smooth.