- canola cooking spray
- 16 oz cauliflower florets
- 16 oz brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter (or more oil for DF, W30, V)
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a large large baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Place the cauliflower and the brussels cut side down on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and roast on the bottom third of the oven 25 minutes, tossing half way until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large sauce pan over low heat and add shallots. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Shut the oven, reserve about 1 generous cup of the roasted vegetables and keep warm on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the rest to the pot and simmer 2 minutes.
- Transfer in two batches to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve in 4 bowls topped with the roasted vegetables and fresh black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
4 6 -ounce skinless mahi mahi fillets (about 3/4 inch thick)
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 head cauliflower, florets cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the fish until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, cooked-side up, and roast in the oven until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring, until golden brown and crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Add the almonds, raisins, coriander, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; cook until the almonds are golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
Divide the fish among plates and serve with the cauliflower and lemon wedges.