- 2 cups torn bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups packed flat-leaf spinach, washed
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine bread with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt. Set aside. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add spinach; season with salt. Cook, stirring, until wilted, 2 minutes. Transfer to a colander, let cool, then squeeze out water. Coarsely chop.
- Wipe pot clean and heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium. Add onion, garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add wine to pot and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Gradually whisk in half-and-half. Add lemon juice and bring mixture to a boil over high.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped spinach and chicken; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish and top with bread pieces. Bake until bread is golden brown and mixture is bubbling, 8 to 10 minutes.